Bugs, updates and the coming weeks!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by brackers10, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brackers10

Owner

Hi guys,

Before we get into the real content in this post, I'd just like to give a huge thanks for all the support, appreciation we've been getting since we went live last Sunday. Doing a project similar to this has been something I've been wanting to do for years, and it looks like finally everything is lining up - and to see hundreds of people playing it is extremely satisfying.

It's been a lot of work for myself and Jab, but we're excited to see where we can take this, and although we've had our fair share of problems over the past week, you can be sure we're working around the clock to make MCBattlegrounds the best Battle Royale game Minecraft has ever seen.

Updates

This week has seen a plethora of additions on all fronts inside the game, the network systems and everywhere else. We'll be posting a changelog with everything over the weekend - however here are a few major things of note:

/call - Customisable horses, with trails, and more! (VIP feature)

STIMS - we now have a selection of healing equipment to use within the game! You'll find them in drops, each healing to a number of different levels.

Map Additions - Our landscape now contains a huge bunker, an updated prison, and more! Expect another major update by Monday, we're working hard to make the game environment as awesome as we can.

and lots, lots more!

Bugs

As with every new game, bugs are to be expected. We can't fix everything instantly, but we try to fix them as fast as we can. If you do find an issue with the game, please do not directly message Jab or myself, chances are we won't see it, and we're probably tied up working on something else! If you do urgently need to report a bug, throw it in the bugs and issues chat (we see everything), or throw it into the following forum:

https://forums.mc-battlegrounds.com/forums/bugs.11/

We're going to be using beta servers for updates from now on, and we expect those to be VIP only within 2 weeks. Once an update has been tested thoroughly, it will then be pushed to all servers automatically using our new system.

So, whats to come?

MCBattlegrounds is going to see a lot of very large changes over the next few weeks, which will result in a significantly larger player-base - and a much more awesome network. We're aware of all suggestions, and yes, Duo's and Squad's are coming soon.

Our priority currently is to make our base game (solo) as high-quality, and fun as it can be. Once we're satisfied with the situation of solo, we will be implementing Duo and Squad play. However, an update that large will require more than just coding - with a bigger network infrastructure being needed, and the complications that come with that. All I'd ask is that you guys bear with us, and enjoy the content which will be released over the coming days.

Lots of gun updates + balancing + new guns are incoming within the next 24 hours. It's very difficult to balance everything out, especially within a week, however I would say we're getting close - and I'm excited to bring all the new stuff I've been working on with those to the game!

Stay Tuned!

If you want to interact with us some more, be sure to follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/McBattlegrounds, giveaways & more to come on that in the very near future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.